I just caught this Infoworld article that Apple and Nokia have opened up a browser partnership.
Nokia has announced that it using open source software in developing a new mobile Web browser for its Series 60 SmartPhone — and that this has been developed in cooperation with Apple.
What does this mean?
First, some obvious facts:
- Apple knows there’s a company called Nokia.
- Apple knows that Nokia is developing mp3 functionality.
- Apple wants to expand iPod functionality.
- Apple knows that pretty soon every competitor is going to get medieval on the iPod.
And now, the obvious conclusion:
- Apple and Nokia will soon be delivering jointly-labled iPod uberphones.
(Don’t let the smoke screen of this Browser Partnersshp announcement fool you).