Kleiner Perkins has a condensed list that describes what the ultimate software startup needs. I suggest you ask someone other than yourself (or anyone else in your company) measure your product against this list and rate how well you do against each point:
- Instant Value to customers – solve a problem or create value with the first use
- Viral adoption – Pull, not push. No direct sales force required
- Minimum IT footprint, preferably none. Hosted SaaS is best.
- Simple, intuitive user experience – no training required.
- Personalized user experience – customizable
- Easy configuration based on application or usage templates
- Context aware – adjust to location, groups, preferences, devices, etc.