https://www.cybercominc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/enfoldLogo1.png 0 0 Peter Kay https://www.cybercominc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/enfoldLogo1.png Peter Kay2006-03-09 01:32:242006-03-09 01:32:24Handling Q&A
Read “Icing the Hot Seat” By Jerry Weissman, Power Presentations, Ltd. for some really good tips on how to handle Q&A:
- DON’T make a list of potential tough questions and prepare an answer for each.
- DON’T refer back to a slide if someone asks a question about a subject you’ve already covered.
- DON’T compliment your questioner by saying, “That was a good question,” or “I’m glad you asked that.”
- DON’T think you don’t have to answer irrelevant questions.
- DON’T use every question as an opportunity to deliver your message.
- DON’T shift to a different subject if you don’t know the answer to a question.
- DON’T feel you must answer all the questions if you are asked a multiple question.
- DON’T repeat the question so that everyone can hear it.
- DON’T say, “I’m not at liberty to answer,” or “If I told you, I’d have to kill you,” if a question addresses a confidential matter.
- DON’T answer the question you want to answer.